2. I'm thankful!



  I kept a journal for many years, sometimes not writing for a year or two -- one time 5 years !  Raising 9 children can be very time consuming, and at times writing in a journal didn't seem as important as fixing meals, changing (and washing) around 100,000 diapers, etc.  But I am encouraging all of you to write now and then, because the day will come when your family will want to read about you !  Memory isn't always reliable, but a journal will jog your memory.  I do believe in writing your life story!  And if you are the happy recipient of any life stories of ancestors, they should be available for the young generations.  I have wonderful stories of Wayne's and my ancestors, and will share some stories at times.

Today, my thoughts, for the next week will probably be on many things I am thankful for -- (but not really in the right order, I think.)  My prayers lately begin with a long list of what I am thankful for.  I guess that may have influenced my thoughts last week in the dentist's chair!  I had a piece of tooth, and filling, come out, and I went to the dentist to have it fixed.  I was actually surprised by my thoughts while being drilled on!  (Have any of you had strange thoughts that just pop up out of nowhere?)  Anyway, I had the thought of how grateful I am for dentists!  I'm quite sure that in the past, people -- especially my age, just had to have a tooth pulled (and with no novacane!)  I would be almost toothless now, I imagine!  So the next time you have to go to the dentist, you can think of what it would be like if we didn't have them -- (at least not the drilling kind.  I believe dentists in the past just pulled teeth!)  Would you be toothless also ? ?
My first attempt at adding a photo!  Below are Mavis, left, me, Pal, and Vina, at a wedding of one of our children -- Sorry I can't remember who!  That was probably 30 years ago, or so!  Wonderful to have sisters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!