81. A 2009 Calendar with my paintings

Dear friends,  Some of you are aware I enjoy oil painting.  I took oil painting in high school and college from Ralph Huntsman, a wonderful friend and artist.  Then during the time I had many children at home, I didn't open my paint box for 17 years!  When I did, I had forgotten so much, I began to take painting workshops, when we lived in Sandy, Utah.  After we moved to St. George in August of 1981, I took several classes from private people who taught in their homes, and also some from Dixie College.

I don't do much now, mostly when a grandchild graduates from high school, or gets married.  I have 2 paintings to do before school lets out this year for grandsons who are graduating from high school.  ----   No weddings on the horizon!  I made a calendar in 2009 and put some of my paintings on it.  You are welcome if you want to copy or print out any of them, but not sell them!  I do love to oil paint, but I've been busy doing other things for the last several years.  I used to sell some but haven't sold any for many years.  -- Just paint for family, or a friend. 
      ADVICE - KEEP UP WITH YOUR TALENTS AND DEVELOP THEM ! !

       The painting above was the calendar cover.  Our daughter Anita has it.
        January This was painted for the wedding of our grandson Curtis Eckman and Peggy's wedding.  (Their wedding picture is on the blog just before this.)
February I painted this many years ago, and my sister Vina Ruth Bringhurst has it.  I took a painting workshop from Lee K. Parkinson, who is now deceased, and used his style of painting.  You can look him up on Google.
 March I painted this for a young violinist, Jaden Cox, whom I have accompanied a lot.  We have done several concerts in the local Tabernacle.  He plays from classical, to Broadway, and great fiddle tunes!  If you could see it up close, the music under the violin is "Count Your Blessings!"
April  I saw a painting like this years ago in a friend's home, and asked her if I could take it and copy it.  I have given it to a dear musical friend, whose husband was head of the music at Dixie College (now university) and has begun to have early onset altzheimers.  She runs the internet site: www.musichousepublications.com where I have quite a lot of the music I have written, or arranged.
May I painted this a few years ago for my granddaughter Emily Olaya's wedding.  She married a man from Peru, and has since her wedding been down there to see Machu Picchu.  Sadly, that marriage is disolved.
June I painted this years ago for the elementary school my husband Wayne taught in.  When they were redorating they gave me the painting back.  My daughter Pamela Nicholson has it in her home with her 7 children.
 July This painting I painted because I loved the scene.  Years ago I took a painting workshop from Dorothy Warr, who painted seascapes of the Oregon Coast.  This is of Hawaii, but I love seascapes.  Our daughter Anita Lieske now has it.
 August I painted this years ago in a college oil painting night class.  It took a very long time to paint!  I do love Bryce Canyon, which is about two and a half hour's drive from here.  My mother was a "singing waitress" at Bryce during the 1920's, for a summer job.  Our daughter Tacy DeSantis has the painting now.
September This is a painting I copied from a book of Lee K. Parkinson's life.  I gave it to our daughter-in-law Julie Cox Eckman's parents years ago, and when they passed away it came to our son Wayne and Julie's home.  (He is the one who wrote the last entry on "Integrity", # 78)
October This was painted for our grandson Joshua Eckman and Tiffany's wedding.  It is of Zion's Canyon.
November I painted this for our granddaughter Calli Ann DeSantis (now Albano) when she graduated from high school.  It is copied from a Thomas Kincade painting.  I have several books of his paintings.
      December     I painted this for our grandson Joshua Eckman when he graduated from high school.

Comments

Beautiful art! It's hard to believe how one could develop talents and be great in so many areas. You are amazing and we are grateful to benefit from your talents and to know you and your kindnesses.
Jennifer said…
I just happened to Google looking for my grandma's talents. I noticed your seascape painting for July. Dorothy Warr was my grandma. It brought tears to my eyes to have someone else enjoy her talents as much as we did as a family. I'm sure this brought so much joy to her to watch you paint. You paint beautifully. I'm so glad I got to see this. Jennifer Warr-wenck
Thank you, Jennifer! I saw your comment today, and it really made me happy! I am excited that Dorothy Warr was your grandma! I took a workshop from her at the Cottonwood Mall in Salt Lake City, in about 1979 or 1980. She really inspired me, and I have used what I learned from her many many times!

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!