100. 100 titles to date, special thoughts, check your potential life span

I hope any of you who are interested will try the "Translate" option which is before the "labels".

I have read two very good new thoughts today!  The first was the last statement of a writer who writes for our St. George daily newspaper -- The Spectrum. (February 18, 2014)  

Actually -- I'll include part of his last paragraph (George Stoddard of the Writers Group) -- "I value community.  At its heart are people who interact daily.  Sometimes it is just a casual wave or touch while passing and at others it is coming together to support a friend or neighbor facing one of life's many challenges . . . . . I am grateful to be living in this special part of the world sharing it with so many I can call friends." 

                        (and then this special thought) ---

   "Gratitude is the foundation of contentment as we live our latter years."

I can honestly say I am so grateful for more things than I could mention, and I do suppose nearing age 80 that I am in my "latter years"!

P.S.  My sister just sent me an interesting e mail -- developed by Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance, and according to that I will live to be 102 years old!  If you'd like to check your potential life span go to:


This is the very latest picture we've had taken.  Wayne and I, with our grandson Joshua Eckman, and his and his wife Tiffany's 3 beautiful children (our great-grandchildren)  Baby Ruby, Grace, and Spencer, who visited recently.

And then in a doctor's office in one of my husband's routine exams, I read this thought, by a 97 year old woman "There are still so many questions I'd like to ask, and there's no one to answer them."  Even in our older years we still could ask our parent's questions that we felt they still had the answer for.  I remember when both my parents, and my husband's parents passed away, and we became the OLDEST GENERATION!  It is quite a feeling, one which we're never ready for!


Pal, Wayne, and our oldest son, Wayne Miles Eckman.   This picture was on Christmas cards we sent out in 1957 -- when he was about 17 months old, and Wayne was going to Utah State University, Then called Utah Agricultural College.  Wayne M. and his wife Julie are parents of Joshua above, and those dear children are their grandchildren.  

I have decided that for entry # 100 I will include a list of the titles of the blogs I have written.  I will do this every 100.  So the next 100 should come probably by the end of May.  But there may be times I'll miss a day or two here and there.  I also feel I need to keep entries shorter -- We'll see how we do with that.  I don't know how many others are enjoying these writings, but it has truly been a blessing to me.  I am more aware of the past, and how the heritage we have been given has blessed me, and all my posterity! ! ! 

Below are a list of our blogs – from today, February 18, 2014, backwards, to November 14, 2013, when I started writing.  I’ve missed a day or two here and there, and added an extra at times.

 To February 18, 2014
100. One Hundred!  Special thoughts, and list of 100 titles to refer to --
99. # 2 -- ZION'S CAMP, a brief history, summer of 1834...
99. # 1, ZION'S CAMP, and my gg grandfather, Thomas Colborn...
98. Meeting President David O. McKay, and about his life...
97. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, with Photos of Couples of our Extended Family...
96. Eve, the mother of all living, and my noble grandmothers from England...
95. Beautiful poems my mother, Ruth Allen Miles wrote (THE ALL TIME FAVORITE!).
94. Ward Conference, and counsel by Elder Holland
93. Wayne's and Blaine's father, Roy Waldamer Eckman...
92. EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! WOO HOO FOR FAMILY HISTORY ...
91. Help on how to index Obituaries -- The latest project of the Church..
90. Does the California Drought Affect you? --about food Storage.
.
NOTICE ! YOU CAN NOW TRANSLATE INTO YOUR OWN LANGUAGE..
.
89. ANOTHER EXTRA: Roots Tech 2014 NOW ! ..
88. A miracle in the St. George Temple --
87. AN EXTRA ! Article on how to start a blog --...
86. Wayne's Swedish grandfather, a KEY HARP player, unusual instrument...
85. TIMELESS PHOTOS AND STORIES of my parents Ruth and Pratt Miles...
84. My mother Ruth Allen Miles, opera singer, teacher, wonderful mother

  January 2014

83. Temple thoughts, Enduring to the End, Chinese New Year..
82. Do we ever get offended at Church, or elsewhere...
81. A 2009 Calendar with my paintings
80. An interesting variety of more family photos!
79. My great grandfather, Samuel Miles, Mormon Battalion, pioneer
78. Integrity, re-visited, notes on a talk by our son Wayne M. Eckman ...
77. Is anything too hard for the Lord? The Mormon Church in China...
76. Integrity of heart, What is it? Examples are Joseph and Hyrum Smith...
76. More about family secrets ! (Real life is more interesting than fiction...
75. Wayne's ancestors from Sweden, and "gun toting Grandma"!...
74. A Peaceful Sunday! "Out of small things proceedeth that which is great"...
73. More fun family photos!
72. Caroline, sewing on a thumb, knitting mittens from a buffalo's mane...
71. The "Grandmother Squaw" story, with Caroline Farozine Skeen Butler...
70. "I was only kidding!" Sarcasm, a form of bullying...
69. Richard Henwood, handcart pioneer, and wife Ann Kirk- revised...
68. Ann Kirk and Richard Henwood --He came in the first handcart company...
67. Wayne's g g grandfather, Hiram Dayton, faithful pioneer...
66. Colorful ancestor, John Lowe Butler, Bodyguard to the Prophet Joseph Smith...
65. "My wife DOES NOT WORK!" About young mothers...
64. Don't forget them! Keep stories of our ancestors alive...
63. Staying healthy as a gift to our family!
62. Ancestor William Atterbury, in Newgate Prison, and indentured servant...
61. Wayne's great greatgrandfather, Phillip Kirk,  "Burned in effighy" ...
60. The Old Testament, the beginning of this world...
59. Tribute to Pres. Joseph Fielding Smith, sweet loving personality ...
58. About my father's father, William Gustavus Miles...
57. A New Year! And Happy Thoughts!

 2014 

  December (37) 2013

56. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
55. Acting on good intentions!
54. New Year's Resolutions! and FHE IDEAS!
53. Forgiving and forgetting
52. Church Leaders don't have to be perfect.
51. Our Swedish Senior Mission, and Need for Senior Missionaries...
50. Prayers answered and quote by Pres. Monson about Prayer...
49. Christmas Day, 2013 in St. George, Utah
48. Thoughts for Christmas Eve Day
48. Solemn Assembly, and my parents testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith...
47. Testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 208th birthday today...
46. Special Sunday, quotes, and tomorrow the Proph...
45. Great granddaughter's baptism, and "What you think of you"...
44. Temples and Peace for this Christmas Season
43. An article to anyone who is depressed --
42. "Surely there could not be a happier people!"
41. A less stressful Christmas season, Meridian, Dec. 13, 2014...
40. More Family Memories in Photos (2)
39. An extra today -- a beautiful Christmas song on You Tube by Vocal Point...
38. Beautiful scriptures and quotes about Jesus's life ...
37. My father, Orson Pratt Miles, passed away 38 years today...
36. Ideas about not over-indulging children at Christmas and teaching independence...
35. Sacrificing for others, like Jesus! Charity and forgiveness...
34. Dad's autobiography, early 1900's to World War I by himself...
33. My father Pratt's growing up days, told by my mother Ruth...
32. A heart touching true story -- a refugee from Vietnam, smuggled to America ...
31. FREE CHRISTMAS MUSIC, (Sorry it is so late)
30. The first extraction mission in St. George, and my mother...
29. An Inspirational Sunday! And "Grandma Pal"
28. My Dad loved to give anonymously !
27. Tips for LDS Bloggers -- How Am I doing?
26. Friends from everywhere, and all races!
25. Family Memories in Photos!
24. More Family Christmas Stories!
23. How Did They Do It? -- Some Pioneer History !
22. Remembering Jesus Christ, and "The reason for the Season” ...
21. A Child's Christmas Prayer

 November (20) 2013

20. Spiritual Preparedness, talk by Pres. Henry B Eyring, Oct. 2005....
19. Turning Weaknesses into Strengths
18. Being Thankful, from Latter Day Light Daily Devotions...
17. "School Thy Feelings", talk by Pres. Thomas S. Monson...
16. Controlling Anger --And Jumping to Conclusions...
15. Ideas on teaching children to be Grateful
14. "Service Above Self" talk by President Deiter Uchdorf...
13. Divine Protection, Again, and Again, and Again...
12. "Follow on E Mail" (It works ! )
11. IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND WE'LL DEAL WITH IT!
10. (1.) Wayne, hospitals, ICU, blessings, Miracles...
9. ( 2.) Wayne, hospitals, ICU, Blessings and Miracles...
8. I'd love your comments !
7. Thanksgivings past, and "The Suet Pudding Story...
6. "They are closing my book"
5. Learn from the Past, Prepare, Live
4. Thoughts on achieving balance in life
3. Identical twins, Wayne and Blaine,
2. I'm thankful!
1. Quote about people we love  -- started Novembeer 14, 2013


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!