118. Mini-stories with family pictures, remembering special occasions


 Today, I'm posting pictures of various family members, with a short description about each photo.  I hope you'll enjoy them!  


This is a photo Wayne sent me when he was in the army in 1954.  I think Wayne is so handsome and I love the look on the young boy's face, and how he seems to really feel important with a soldier's arm around him!

 This is a family photo of our daughter Pamela and her husband Robert Nicholson, and their family  taken 2007.  Standing are Skye, left, Caleb, and Miriam.  Yesterday, March 19, 2014, Skye entered the MTC in Provo, for her mission to the California, Irvine mission.  Front row, Lily, Pam holding baby Elizabeth (now 7 years old) Robert with Joy, and Leah.

This is a photo of my mother, Ruth (who wrote the poems in blog # 95 -- the all time favorite!) and her sister Adelia, who was 5 years younger than Ruth, but she passed away a year or two before Ruth.



This beautiful photo above is of Pal's gg parents Samuel and Hannah Marinda Colborn Miles and family, and inadvertently was left out of our book of my parents.  We don't know which children are all in this photo.

This is Dr. Wilford Reichman, one of the last of the "country doctors", who made house calls.  He came to our home years ago in St. George for one of our sick children, and I asked him if I could take his picture.  He delivered two of our children -- Wayne Miles, our oldest, and Anita, our third child.  He never wrote a bill, and when he passed away there were thousands of dollars owed him.  We had gone to Logan to college after Wayne M. was born, and after we had paid him his cost of $83, he hand wrote us personal note thanking us!  He also was our Stake President when we were married in 1955.

This is of my dad Pratt, and mother Ruth, and me, probably when I was in the 7th grade, because I got my glasses in the 8th grade!  About 1947.

This is a photo taken when we were on our honeymoon, in 1955.

Yesterday, March 19th, marked 15 years since Wayne's dear twin brother, Blaine, passed away suddenly.  Wayne dreams of him often, and many messages yesterday were on Facebook about how much he is missed.  

Can't you just see the frustration on my mother Ruth's face, as she struggled to keep a hold of two great granddaughters, Alexis on the left, Vina's granddaughter, and Jessica, right, Pal's granddaughter about 1975.


This is Vina, left, Mavis, and Pal (Don't know why the black spot is on this photo) about 1948.

The same three sisters, about 1955, Mavis, left, Vina, and Pal, (after I was married because I have rings on.)

   This was taken of us again, Pal, left, Vina, and Mavis, at our Golden Wedding celebration, in  2005.
Pal is on the left, and Vina, the baby, taken about 1936, not a lady-like pose!

This is Pal, left, and Vina, the same day.  Around 1936 -- Taken to send to our father Pratt who was in the Veteran's Hospital in Salt Lake City at the time.  He had "shell shock" in World War I, and was in the Veteran's Hospital often.

 The photo above and also below were both taken at the celebration of my mother Ruth's 80th birthday, in May 1988, at Vina and her husband Bud's home in LaVerkin.  From L to R, our children, McKay, Anita, Tacy, Angie, Russell Wright, Greg Bringhurst, and in front Allen, Wayne, and David Wright, with Jeremy peeking behind Wayne.

Seven of our children at the same 80th party -- Wayne Miles, Wayne D, Pal, Pamela and Jeremy top, and bottom Tacy, Anita, Delsy, and Allen.  McKay was in Hawaii going to college and couldn't come, -- Angie was in the photo taken above that same day.

These are all 10 of Ruth and Pratt Miles's grandsons-- left to right, clockwise -- Derrek Wright, (top left)  Brad Bringhurst, Allen Eckman, David Wright, Wayne Miles Eckman, Russell Wright, Greg Bringhurst, McKay Eckman (in checkered sweater,) Jeremy Eckman, and Kurtis Bringhurst.  Taken about 1984.


I love the look on my mother Ruth's face -- She had such a fun sense of humor.  Dad, Pratt, is on the left, Vina, George Turner (Vina's friend) and me on the right.  About 1953.  I still wear the class ring that is on my right hand!  It has helped save my hand a time or two when it was shut in a car door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!