849. Several great quotes and scriptures, and note about my moving in with my son and his wife.

I'm thick in the work of moving, including packing and cleaning!  I am leaving the home we lived in 14 years before my dear husband Wayne passed away a year ago February.  I have lived here over a year and I have realized I don't enjoy living alone!
I am in front of my computer, on the right.  These were precious days, when we each had a computer, and did indexing, etc.  together.  We had such a great companionship, and I really miss him!

 I will be living with my oldest son Wayne and his wife Julie.  It is really different for me, this move, as I am not taking anything but necessities for my bedroom.  I have given away most of our life's momentos, including furniture, and will start a new life in Bountiful, Utah, this coming Saturday, in 3 days!  I won't have time to do any more blogs until I get established up there.  I hope all is good with you dear friends!  I'll be back to stay in St. George in a few years -- my burial spot is next to him!
---------------------------------------------------


This was President Monson's message!

April 3, 2017
The Book of Mormon
SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
Doctrine & Covenants 45:57

"For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived---verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day."

Thomas S. Monson
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Thomas S. Monson

"My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven's help in our lives" ("The Power of the Book of Mormon," April 2017 General Conference).
April 1, 2017
General Conference
SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
Doctrine & Covenants 107:91-92

"And again, the duty of the President of the office of the High Priesthood is to preside over the whole church, and to be like unto Moses---Behold, here is wisdom; yea, to be a seer, a revelator, a translator, and a prophet, having all the gifts of God which he bestows upon the head of the church."

Howard W. Hunter
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Howard W. Hunter

"Much inspired counsel by prophets, seers, revelators, and other General Authorities of the Church is given during general conference. Our modern-day prophets have encouraged us to make the reading of the conference editions of our Church magazines an important and regular part of our personal study. Thus, general conference becomes, in a sense, a supplement to or an extension of the Doctrine and Covenants" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Howard W. Hunter, p. 119).
March 31, 2017
Pride
SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
4 Nephi 1:24-25

"And now, in this two hundred and first year there began to be among them those who were lifted up in pride, such as the wearing of costly apparel, and all manner of fine pearls, and of the fine things of the world.  And from that time forth they did have their goods and their substance no more common among them."

Ezra Taft Benson
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Ezra Taft Benson


"My dear brethren and sisters, we must prepare to redeem Zion. It was essentially the sin of pride that kept us from establishing Zion in the days of the Prophet Joseph Smith. It was the same sin of pride that brought consecration to an end among the Nephites. (See 4 Ne. 1:24-25.)

"Pride is the great stumbling block to Zion. I repeat: Pride is the great stumbling block to Zion" ("Beware of Pride," Ensign, May 1989).
March 30, 2017
Our Potential
SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
Psalms 82:6

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

Spencer W. Kimball
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Spencer W. Kimball


"One of the great teachings of the Man of Galilee, the Lord Jesus Christ, was that you and I carry within us immense possibilities. In urging us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect, Jesus was not taunting us or teasing us. He was telling us a powerful truth about our possibilities and about our potential. It is a truth almost too stunning to contemplate. Jesus, who could not lie, sought to beckon us to move further along the pathway to perfection" ("Jesus: The Perfect Leader," Ensign, August 1979).

Adversity
SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
Matthew 7:24-25

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."

Harold B. Lee
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Harold B. Lee


"He was trying to say that the winds of adversity, the floods of disaster, the difficulties, are going to beat upon every human house upon this earth; and the only ones who will not fall---when the bank fails, when you lose a loved one, in any other disaster---the only thing that will hold us through all these storms and stresses of life is when we've built upon the rocks by keeping the commandments of God. . . .

"Wait patiently on the Lord in the season of persecution and deep affliction" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee, p. 211-212).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!