968. Beautiful thoughts to "Light Your Day!"

This is Kamran Mafi, a gifted University art professor, and the painting of Jesus Christ which he painted for us while on our mission in Sweden in 1994.  He had been a professor in the University of Tehran, Iran, if I remember right.  He was in Sweden as a political refugee.  He brought it to us at our church in Kalmar, Sweden, on Christmas Day which was a Sunday that year.  I have it in a beautiful frame, here in my own bedroom now!

December 16, 2017
Service  #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Matthew 25:35-40

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Thomas S. Monson

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Thomas S. Monson

"My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness---be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord's hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us" ("What Have I Done for Someone Today?" Ensign, November 2009).
December 14, 2017
Heart #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Matthew 6:20-21

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Howard W. Hunter

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Howard W. Hunter

"'To those who are furthering the work of the Lord in so many quiet but significant ways, to those who are the salt of the earth and the strength of the world and the backbone of each nation-to you we would simply express our admiration. If you endure to the end, and if you are valiant in the testimony of Jesus, you will achieve true greatness and will one day live in the presence of our Father in Heaven" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Howard W. Hunter, p. 165).

December 13, 2017
Golden Rule #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Matthew 7:12

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

Ezra Taft Benson

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Ezra Taft Benson

"'What would Jesus do?' or 'What would He have me do?' are the paramount personal questions of this life. Walking in His way is the greatest achievement of life. That man or woman is most truly successful whose life most closely parallels that of the Master" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson, p. 297).
December 11, 2017
Service #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Matthew 25:35-40

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Spencer W. Kimball

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Spencer W. Kimball

"Service to others deepens and sweetens this life while we are preparing to live in a better world. It is by serving that we learn how to serve. When we are engaged in the service of our fellowmen, not only do our deeds assist them, but we put our own problems in a fresher perspective. When we concern ourselves more with others, there is less time to be concerned with ourselves!" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball, p. 85).

December 9, 2017
Serving Others #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Matthew 25:34-36

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me."


QUOTE OF THE DAY

Joseph Fielding Smith

"Our mission is to all the world---for the peace, and hope, and happiness, and temporal and eternal salvation of all of our Father's children. . . . With all my powers of persuasion I urge this people to continue to reach out and bless the lives of all our Father's children everywhere" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith, p. 258).
December 7, 2017
Suffer the Children #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Mark 10:13-16

"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them."


QUOTE OF THE DAY

George Albert Smith

"Our children are the most precious gift that our Father bestows upon us. If we can guide their feet in the pathway of salvation, there will be joy eternal for us and for them" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith, p. 242).
December 6, 2017
Judge Not #Light the World

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Matthew 7:1-3

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?."

null

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Heber J. Grant

"There is nothing that will bring more joy to us than to be ready and willing to forgive the trespasses of our neighbors against us, and there is nothing that will bring more condemnation to us than to harden our hearts and to be bitter and vindictive in our feelings towards those by whom we are surrounded" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant, p. 148).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!