1000. A New Direction for my blogs! and Inspirational thoughts for the Sabbath Day! Let's keep it holy!


On this, my 1,000th entry on my blog, I am starting a different plan.  I have written many family stories about ancestors, etc., and also included many beautiful thoughts I have taken from others who have written for LDS Living, and Meridian Magazine and other places of interest.  I have always posted who wrote them, etc., and I hope I haven't done it wrong.  But for those of you who want to read these thoughts, I know you can do on your own if you take the trouble to do it.  You can check out many subjects under "Labels" on the blog to find many timeless articles on various subjects.

Below is the link to sign up for Latterdaylight.com -- which daily has a scripture, and quote from a prophet about the scripture.  It also has a daily guide for reading the Scriptures in a year's time, and things that have happened in the LDS Church on this day, since it began.  It also has a link to watching or reading a Conference talk, and has recently started a book, with a chapter a day, etc.  I encourage you to start those if you are interested.

To sign up for our email, visit our website: www.Latterdaylight.com

Also, I have taken many beautiful articles from Meridian Magazine, and you also can sign up for it online.  It is published Monday through Friday each week, and has articles which are very inspirational and informative.  You can sign up to have that also come to your e mail by this link: (copy and paste if you need to)

https://ldsmag.com/signup

I have decided to write my own thoughts, and perhaps notes I take from meetings I attend, such as yesterday's West Bountiful Stake Women's Conference. 

  Brad Wilcox was the special speaker.  My oldest son, Wayne, with whom I live, was his Spanish teacher in the MTC many years ago.  They have shared a special friendship through the years.  It was the first time I had met him personally, but he was so kind to me!  It was a very inspirational meeting! There was also a beautiful musical number, (and lunch) and I had many thoughts.  I am in the process of gathering memories from family members to write a book on my dear deceased husband, Wayne D Eckman.  In about 24 days it will be 2 years since he passed away, on February 21, 2016.  I will plan to tell things about him, and other ancestors, and write some of my own feelings about how life is at the age of 83.

I will write up my notes of that conference and Brad Wilcox's talk, and post them in my next blog entry.  I need time to read and study them.  I also will be traveling to Egypt, Jordan and Petra, and Israel in April, and plan to write a lot about what I am learning and studying for that.  

After telling about that, I will leave you with these thoughts for today, and start blog # 1001 with my own thoughts.  It will require more time for me to write and think about what I want to leave to my posterity and friends.  I hope it will be of benefit to all of you readers.  I feel it will be to me also.  I have been doing quite a lot of soul searching, and realizing that my days are limited, and hopefully will last many years.  But I also want to be wise, and grow old gracefully, and with the realization of what good I can do at this point in my life, and what other things are simply not really important at this time.  If any of you readers have thoughts about that, please send me an e mail (on my profile of my blog) or a comment at the bottom of this entry.  I feel a great love and interest in any of you that would like to contact me.  THANKS!~




Inspirational thoughts for the Sabbath Day!  Let's keep it holy!

January 27, 2018
Our Influence

To sign up for our email, visit our website: www.Latterdaylight.com


SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Doctrine & Covenants 101:78

"That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of judgment."

Lorenzo Snow

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Lorenzo Snow

"You exert a certain degree of influence, and be it ever so small it affects some person or persons, and for the results of the influence you exert you are held more or less accountable. You, therefore, whether you acknowledge it or not, have assumed an importance before God and man that cannot be overlooked and from which you cannot be released if you wish to sustain the name you bear" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow, p. 188).
January 24, 2018
Righteousness

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Proverbs 21:21

"He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour."

Brigham Young

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Brigham Young

"Strive to be righteous, not for any speculation, but because righteousness is lovely, pure, holy, beautiful, and exalting; it is designed to make the soul happy and full of joy, to the extent of the whole capacity of man, filling him with light, glory, and intelligence" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young, p. 321).

January 21, 2018
Example of Christ

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Moroni 7:10

"And ye will also know that ye are a remnant of the seed of Jacob; therefore ye are numbered among the people of the first covenant; and if it so be that ye believe in Christ, and are baptized, first with water, then with fire and with the Holy Ghost, following the example of our Savior, according to that which he hath commanded us, it shall be well with you in the day of judgment. Amen."


Thomas S. Monson

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Thomas S. Monson

"To the sophistry of Satan, Jesus turned His back. To the duty designated by His Father, He turned His face, pledged His heart, and gave His life. And what a sinless, selfless, noble, and divine life it was. Jesus labored. Jesus loved. Jesus served. Jesus testified. What finer example could we strive to emulate? Let us begin now, this very night, to do so. Cast off forever will be the old self and with it defeat, despair, doubt, and disbelief. To a newness of life we come---a life of faith, hope, courage, and joy. No task looms too large; no responsibility weighs too heavily; no duty is a burden. All things become possible" ("Examples of Righteousness," Ensign, May 2008).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!