1173. Colorizing old black and white photos! And my Family History Mission now!

Hello, dear readers!  February 16, 2020.

It has been too long since I've written a new blog, and I'm going to try and change!  My excuse -- I began serving 2 shifts a week, on Wednesdays, and Fridays in the Layton FamilySearch Center, just about 15 miles north of where I live in West Bountiful.  

My mother, Ruth Allen Miles, in college, in the 1920's.
Colorized from a beautiful old black and white photo.

To serve here, I needed to take 12 classes, 90 minutes each, to begin training to be able to help patrons who come there.  I took most of those classes back in November, but some in January, and I began serving on January 13th.  

I absolutely LOVE IT !  I love the many things I'm learning about technology, and what has been inspired for our day, and finding our ancestors, and relatives.  I particularly love being able to put in photos and comments on the Person Page of dear ones who have passed on.  I've put many pictures on in the last few weeks, and I'm not through yet!  I will try and add new memories as I learn new techniques, and interesting things in technology coming out now!

If any of you may be interested in doing this, you can go to My Heritage.com, on the internet, and you may have to register, (free) and then be able to get this, but otherwise there may be other ways out there to find this.  But here are some old black and white pictures, that I've colorized.  Many times we didn't even have a camera.  And these are before colored cameras came into being! 
                                      Aren't they amazing? !


My husband Wayne's twin brother Blaine, and his wife Joyce, in 1953.



My dad, Orson Pratt Miles, in his World War I uniform, 1917.


Our son, Wayne, his missionary picture in 1975.


My family in about 1946.  I am the one next to my father.


My husband's "Aunt Tacy", taken in Sweden in about 1950.


My dad, Orson Pratt Miles, in college in about 1911.

Taken in about 1945.





My husband Wayne, me (Paralee) when we had 4 children, Wayne top, and l to r bottom, Allen, Delsy and Anita, taken about 1962.


Our family a few years later, when we now had six, McKay on the left on Wayne's lap, and Angela sitting on my lap.  About 1967.


My mother and father, and my 2 sisters and I.  Mavis left, Vina, and me on the right.


Our family when we had 4, about 1964.


My older half sister Delsy, who passed away in 1944, when I was 12.  Picture taken about 1943.


Wayne's Swedish ancestor, Johan Wengreen.

His wife, Anna Gretha Vallinder, both Swedish immigrants. Taken around 1885.


My husband Wayne's grandparents, taken about 1897, when they were married.


My husband Wayne's parents, Roy Waldamer Eckman, and his wife, Gladys Tregenna Dayton, about when they were married in 1920.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!