1307. Be watchful when you think everything is going great!

 Dear friends,

Well, in 2021, I plan to write my own thoughts and feelings about what is happening, has happened, or may happen!

Many years ago, perhaps 20, my husband Wayne (passed on Feb. 21, 2016) and I were standing in a line at either a funeral or wedding -- remember when we used to be able to do that, and enjoy seeing good friends at the same time, and visiting.

Someone asked me how we and our family were doing.  As I have 9 children, and numerous grandchildren (and now--great grandchildren,) I said "Well, at this time everything is going quite well!"  The person who asked me said "I'd be careful!  Something is bound to happen!"  Sure enough it did!  But I can't remember what.  There always seems to be something going on with someone in our family (happy and sometimes sad)!


I was feeling really good when I painted this in October for a granddaughter.

About 2 months ago, even though we were -- and still are -- in the middle of the Covid pandemic, I was thinking about life, and how smooth things were going with me, in particular.  I live with my oldest son Wayne, and his dear wife, Julie and they are so good to me!  I was feeling good physically, family concerns were small, and I was enjoying many things.  I love to watercolor and oil paint, and I was able to enjoy doing that, and also some Family History projects, and writing music, which I also enjoy.

I commented to Wayne and Julie that things seemed going so well, I felt I wasn't being tested and tried at the moment, and that seems to be something we're here for on this earth.  I was wondering actually why things were so good, when I knew many dear friends and even relatives who were having many concerns.  

I was able to drive down to my sister's house in Spanish Fork and keep her company, and even to my children who live around 30 minutes north of where I live, and had no pain, etc.  Possibly around the first of December, I began having some pain in my right hip now and then.  I would take something for it, and sleep well, and wake up the next day feeling new again!

Even the day before Christmas I drove to Ogden to see my 25th great grandchild and his family who were visiting for Christmas, and stay the night, and see other family members in another town on the way home.  But I had suspected something wasn't right, and had an x ray on Dec. 22nd.  At the hospital I had parked quite far from the opening door, and after the x ray I had to walk almost all around the hospital to get back to my car, without much problem.  But I couldn't get the results until a week later, Dec. 29th.

In the week after Christmas I was feeling more pain, and wondered just what was going on.  Then I went and got the results of my x rays, and at age 86 now -- I need a new hip!  I had my left hip replaced 9 years ago, and got along fine.  But this may be more difficult!  So there you have it!

Enjoy the times you feel well!  Go visit people who could really be lifted by a call, or visit (with a mask on.)  Read good books, and enjoy uplifting programs on Youtube, etc.  Believe me they are there!


Little did we know Wayne, my husband would pass on within 6 months.  I believe this was taken during a family get together after our 60th wedding party.  My husband Wayne was such an optimistic, happy person, and the life of the party!

And then be ready, as I hope I am, to take on the next real trial!  I don't know how soon it will be, as I haven't been able to get with an orthopedic doctor because of the New Year Holiday weekend!  Next I'll write about a fascinating experience I had finding my 24th great grandchild's ancestry that goes back to 0195 AD!  Life is wonderful, trials and all!  And now and then it is fantastic, exciting and amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!