1313. Recent difficult days -- including having Covid!

 Dear Readers,

I haven't written here for a month now, and I'm glad the month is over!  Actually I'm glad the last 6 weeks are over -- from February 8th, on which date I had a right hip replacement.  I was exposed to Covid and actually had Covid.  I went to the hospital one day and received 2 liters of fluid because I was so dehydrated!  The narcotic pain medicine after my operation made me so nauseated.  I had three daughters come, each 24 hours at a time, to help me, as I had stayed only one night in the hospital.  One daughter, on day 2 after my operation, didn't know that she had been exposed to Covid.  The day after she came and was with me 24 hours, she had a fever, and tested positive for the virus.  So I went, and also tested positive!  I had the first vaccine 6 days before my operation, and that may have saved my life.  About 10 days ago I had my second vaccine, and doing fine!

I've had Home Health coming, with help at first showering, and then Physical Therapy.  I've been dismissed from that now, and can walk up and down steps now without taking them one at a time.  I still sleep in my recliner because I have some pain when sleeping in a bed!  Oh well!  What can I expect at age 86 and a half?  I was told that there were 2 or 3 days my son and his wife wondered if I would survive.  I remember feeling so weak that I just had to tell myself "Breathe, Breathe!"  That took all my energy.

Most of you probably didn't know, but I was a piano teacher for many years.  I had 3 books published in 1989/1990 which were simplified hymns, simplified Primary songs, and simplified songs for LDS women.  In November last year I simplified many Christmas songs, and gave them to many friends.  After Christmas, I got the idea that I would simplify many well known songs that people enjoy.  I have always told those who get some well known songs, such as "Moon River", or "Take Me Out To The Ballgame", that those have copyrights and I will only give my arrangements to people to enjoy in their own homes, not sell them!  

I'm offering them to any of you readers, but in order to get them, I need you to send me your e mail.   (My e mail is:  paralee.eckman@gmail.com )You can receive PDF or scanned copies, and then print them out--for your own use, or grandchildren, etc.  I have had several who had taken piano lessons as children, but hadn't played for quite awhile.  They are so happy to find songs they know, and can play.  

In January my son who lives in California sent me a link to a multi-stake Conference, which I watched.  Sister Cook, wife of Elder Quentin Cook, spoke to families, especially about the "Come Follow Me" book, and advised that we use the hymns or Primary songs listed in each lesson, that are appropriate to that week's lesson.  So I began writing out those, and I am going to do that for the rest of the year.  Many of them I have already written out, but I am sending the hymns/Primary songs, according to the current week's lesson.  This below gives an idea of playing a simple hymn.  I don't know how to send a PDF copy of a song, so I do need e mails to send them to.  I have a group, and with blind copy, I send new songs when I get them done.  I can't do much for others at my age, but hopefully these will help encourage anyone to dust off their piano playing!  Below are 2 examples if you're interested -- e mail me!  The picture is of the Simplified Primary book that Jackman Music sells now.  But I also have many which I can send PDFs to an e mail.




So there you have the latest about me!  I will welcome anyone who would like copies of simplified hymns, Primary songs, "Come Follow Me" hymns/songs, or some fun secular songs.  I'll put you on my "Musical friends " list.  I send out something usually each week, whenever I have 2 to 4 new ones.

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!