2053. Hello, again! I'm trying to start my blog again! Please be patient!

 Dear Readers:

I had my 90th birthday on October 6th, a week ago last Sunday!  I am forgetting how to do this blog!

I really want to keep this blog going!  But my problem with a 90 year old brain, is how to do it!  A lot is going on in the world, and I actually don't watch much news.  

     I have a dear friend here in Fairfield Assisted Living in Layton, Utah, named JoAnn, who lives 2 doors from me.  Over the years she has had macular degeneration which has gradually gotten worse, until she is basically blind.  She has to have help just when she eats, as she can't see her food, and has to be told where her drink is, where her foods of different kinds are, etc.  She has had internal problems where she has to have different foods pureid, and eats a lot of protein drinks.

                                      This is JoAnn

She has been a very elegant lady, putting her hair in curlers each night, having a CNA choose her clothes each day, but she has lovely clothes and they match well as she used to work.  

    She has been virtually afraid to be alone at night, or in the evening, not being able to work her TV, know where the bathroom is, etc., so I have had her here for around 7 to 9 or 9:30 p.m. with me, and we watch things on YouTube.  Of course she doesn't see, so I get things on which depend mostly on a good story, or something that doesn't depend on what the scene is.  

     We usually watch "Sunshine for the Soul" (or another name is Brother Merrill's Inspirational Stories).  He has been an LDS Temple worker for 27 years, in the Provo Temple, and is really a delightful story-teller.  You could try it sometime on YouTube.

 We also watch Glenn Rawson on Sunday Nights, and other LDS things about "Come Follow Me".

   My last great grandchild, a girl, named Erin.  I'm stopping this post now, and I need to work on remembering how to do my blog! 


 

 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

155. Anthony Jansen Van Sallee, son of the Pirate King, and a character himself!

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

1248. Pfizer Head of Anti-Viral Has Good News on COVID-19 By Maurine Proctor, in Meridian Magazine