57. A New Year! And Happy Thoughts!

Today I have been feeling especially thankful for all my blessings.  I know there are so many people in this world struggling in one way or another.  There are those without the necessities of life, and those who are struggling with relationships, job problems, family stresses, loss of comforts of life, etc.  I am so grateful when I am able to help someone with their problems in one way or another.  My life has had many problems, ups and downs, and now I have come to a point where I realize that I have had the help of the Lord in every day life, as well as the big problems that have come in life.   

 I know that everyone in this world can have the same blessings of peace in this life.  If we try to face each day, and make it the best we can, the future takes care of itself.  I guess Wayne and I are optimists!  I do believe that the problems that come to us "give us experience," and are for our good.  And by doing the best we can we develop wisdom, patience, long suffering, and all those good qualities that bring us peace of mind, and courage to face life!

One quote that is especially comforting to think about, which the Prophet Joseph Smith received when he was in Liberty Jail is: Doctrine and Covenants, Section 121, verses 7 and 8:  
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high ; Thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."
 Each of the dear people below have experienced adversities, and they have come up on top!  

                                               Angie's and Mike's family about 2006.


  Four generations, Great grandma Ruth Miles, Grandma Pal, Tacy, and Calli, abt 1989.


             Wayne and Blaine, (twins) when they graduated with their Bachelor's degrees, 1959. Utah State.

     
            Taken in front of Grandma Miles house in St. George, probably about 1981 ?


          This photo had parts of it missing, but it is too fun to not include!  About 1969, before Pam was born.  Pal is holding Tacy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011. “And He Went on His Way Rejoicing”: Mental Health and the Spirit of God By Roger Connors · June 3, 2022, from Meridian Magazine

211. The Palmyra Temple -- The rest of the story -- (History)

471. LDS Church's #IAmAPioneer Campaign Recognizes Past and Present Pioneers. You can contribute your story!